Our CSR strategy was developed in the context of the Zallaf’s Overall Strategy and Business Model 2018-2020, and the existing guidelines from the NOC – and shall consist of the following themes:
1. Local Content.
2. Human Capacity Development (HCD).
4.Health and Medical Research.
5. Environment and Urban Development.
About Our Strategy
To manage the social impacts, whilst minimizing negative impacts and maximizing positive impacts of Zallaf’s operations by:
- Identifying and assess in impacts, with the involvement of external stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing mitigation and management measures.
- Implementing a meaningful community needs based CSR activities.
- Pursue the goal of no harm to people; (fence-line communities);
- Protect the environment where we operate;
- Use material and energy efficiently to provide our products and services;
- Respect our neighbours and contribute to the communities with these commitments and society in which we operate;
- Develop energy resources, products and services consistent with these commitments and aims
- Publicly report on our performance;
- Play a leading role in promoting best practices in our industry and within the NOC Manage Zallaf’s HSSE and SR matters as any other critical business activities;
- Promote a culture in which all Zallaf employees share this COMMITMENT.
In this way Zallaf aims to have an HSSE and SR PERFORMANCE that it can be proud of to earn the confidence of customers, shareholders and the society at large as well including local community/ies, to be good neighbor and to contribute to sustainable development.
- Has systematic approach to HSSE and SR management designed to ensure compliance with the NOC and other related Libyan laws and to achieve continuous performance improvement;
- Set targets for improvement, measures, appraises and reports performance;
- Requires contractors to manage HSSE and SR in line with this policy;
- Requires joint ventures (JVs) under its operational control to apply this policy, and uses its influence to promote it in its other ventures;
- Engages effectively with neighbours and impacted communities;
- Includes HSSE and SR performance in staff appraisal and rewards accordingly.