Engineering and Projects Manager
Engineering and Projects Manager Posted on: February 25, 2021
Department : Engineering and Project
Roles and Responsibilities
- Defines the engineering organization charts, staffing and personnel roles with engineering discipline departments;
- Defines provisional manpower histograms and controls the qualification of assigned engineering personnel;
- Ensures the technical part of the Contract review;
- Participates to the induction of the engineering team to contract/project requirements;
- Provides instructions to the engineering team through project engineering instructions and procedures;
- Ensures the issue, the validation and the maintenance of the project equipment lists and /or other key engineering documents as applicable to each project;
- Ensures effective interdisciplinary coordination in particular through weekly meetings. Takes the necessary technical decisions in case of unresolved conflicts between disciplines. Controls that the engineering team properly interfaces with other members;
- Supervises the issue of engineering deliverables and approves the key engineering documents;
- Approve the scope and project execution plan for engineering and construction contracts and all project activities on the basis of projects established objectives.
- Participates to project planning definition by providing engineering milestones and requirements;
- Ensures that engineering activity is compliant with project milestones. Alerts project management in case of unforeseen variation and suggests if needed mitigation measures
- Ensures effective technical coordination with Client’s representatives and as such participates to good communication with Client;
- Consolidates engineering budgets and controls it.
- Supervises the initiation and maintenance of project files;
- Leads and attends the design and safety reviews and supervises the follow up of the outcomes;
- Participates to contract management by initiating, collecting and consolidating the variation requests and change orders;
- Participates to Risk management for the engineering concerns;
- Initiates Value engineering and best practice;
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- BSc. degree in an Engineering discipline
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant area of expertise (e.g. Business administration, project management) would be advantageous;
- Min. 18 years’ experience relevant professional experience and a strong track record in the management of engineering activities;
- Capable of supervisory capacity for planning, organizing, communicating and personnel management skills
- Previous experience in the engineering section of a construction.
- Effective communicator with skills to coordinate with other disciplines.
- Good command of AUTOCAD, MS package, and other relevant engineering softwares.
- Aware of business objectives and personal role in achieving them.