Material Specialist (Erwin Field)
Material Specialist (Erwin Field) Posted on: April 22, 2021
Location: Erwin Field ( Material Supply Base)
No. required: One employee
Materials Specialist: responsible for all activities in the warehouse relating to the receiving and processing of the materials as needed
Roles and Responsibilities
- Receiving – Verify usability of goods/inventory received and accurately count shipments using appropriate methods and/or equipment.
- Maintain inventory accurately in SAP system and physical locations, Store inventory in proper storage containers with appropriate handling procedures.
- Material Handling – Utilize proper care and methods in all material handling operations including appropriate shelving, storage, and picking tasks.
- Data entry/transactions/records – Enters and maintains data in SAP/ Any systems accurately and timely.
- Safety and Cleanliness – Maintain cleanliness standards in all work areas. Operate all tools, equipment and lifting in a safe manner.
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times.
- Teamwork – Work well with co-workers and management and promote positive attitude. Provide backup help and excess capacity help in all areas.
- Co-ordinate with Inventory specialist for technical verification of items and associated documentation.
- Issue material from stores against Material Issue Vouchers (MIV)
- Diploma in Material Management or any relevent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of word processor, database (SAP or any relevent system) and spreadsheet software.
- Good Command in English Language (Verbal / Written)