Senior Maintenance specialist
Senior Maintenance specialist
Posted on: September 1, 2021
To : September 30, 2021
Expected date to hire the vacancy: 30-9-2021
The nature of the job, Job location, Contract Type (Local or Expat,) Erwin Field, Local contract
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and simple electrical problems on plant facilities and production equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner and documents maintenance concerns/resolutions in an electronic CMMS database; providing action plans and status reports as needed.
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance coordinator.
- Performs welding fabrication (both stick and gas) in various locations and positions including pipe and structural on various metals for new and existing equipment.
- Perform machine shop work operating various machines such as drill presses, grinders, MIG/TIG/stick welders, plasma torches, cutting equipment (i.e. chop saw), pneumatic tools and electric/manual hand tools
- Performs pipe fitting of both threaded and welded pipe of various sizes, both prefabricated and field runs. Locations could include to and from various pieces of equipment/systems, outside pipe bridges and inside buildings.
- Ensures that all work performed meets required codes and is in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves and aprons.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
- Responsible for providing coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Staff.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains a working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of the field facilities.
10 years of experience in an Industrial Maintenance environment. Associate’s degree in a technical discipline .
- Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metal working skills.
- Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in Machine Repair, Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
- Functional knowledge of mechanical components (valves, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes, etc.).
- Ability to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic blueprints or schematics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal; includes building relationships with team lead and department Manager.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, job related internet research and ability to learn e Maintenance software for daily usage.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem solving skills with focus on attention to detail.
- Be able to work both in independently and in a team environment completing objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
- Be able to safely complete the physical tasks associated with the essential job functions. These tasks include extensive climbing, walking, lifting, bending, standing, carrying and squatting.
- Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments such as: confined spaces, working at heights, dusty/dirty and around chemicals.
- Understand, practice and enforce safe work practices related to the following: respiratory protection, elevated work platforms, fall protection, control of hazardous energy (Lockout/Tagout procedure), fire protection systems, electrical safety, forklift/hoist operation, welding, cutting, brazing, confined space entry, PPE and employee Right to Know.
Must be willing and able to work off-hours and overtime on the weekends as needed.