Senior Operation Geologist
Senior Operation Geologist Posted on: July 26, 2021
Start Date: 01.09.2021
Job Type and Location: Part of the Exploration and production Team working with geophysicists, petrophysicists, and engineers to incorporate seismic interpretations into exploration and development projects to evaluate Zallaf’s Assets in Tripoli Office, although fieldwork if need.
Job requirements and Experience: – 5+ years or more of petroleum industry experience in the operation side as Wellsite or operation geologist.
- Interpretation oriented geologist with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in geology
- Master Degree will be advantage
- Good communication skills and Fluent in English.
- Conduct Geological and Geoscientist evaluations of captured acreage.
- Prepare all technical work required for the execution of Exploration, Development and production drilling
- Project follow up to integrate business and technical judgement.
- Provide key input and integration of Field Exploration & Development Planning.
- Supporting operating plan and reserves reporting
- Must be able to communicate effectively and make technical presentations to peers, management and NOC Exploration.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced geoscientists and help to train, develop and mentor new hire personnel.
- Must have strong teamwork skills and provide technical assists & reviews to peers.
- Familiar with Sample evaluation and description Reservoir analysis: consolidation; grain size; roundness; porosity; cementation, Hydrocarbons show analysis and description: stain; visual cut; surface florescence; cut florescence; Sample quality control and documentation
- Pick casing point: isopachs; changes in drilling parameters; samples, Pick core point: isopachs; changes in drilling parameters; samples
- Log correlation/Interpretation, Casing point and TD determination; and Log Quality Control;
- Onsite Quality Control, MWD / Wireline-DPC, Advise logging company of program revisions, timing;
- Rig Supervisor: Geologic risks, morning meeting, and casing point / casing tallies
- Advise MWD and mud logging personnel of program requirements and revisions.
- Forward daily reports, files and interpreted data to Operators representative and partners
- Regular interface with town geologist as needed and when TD is reached
- Additional Horizontal / HA Drilling Procedures
- Daily File / Documentation and Final Documentation Maintenance & Daily Report, Interpreted Geosurvey, Lithology
- Final Operations Report and Interpreted Log and File(s)