Senior Refinery Engineer
Senior Refinery Engineer Posted on: April 14, 2021
- Participates in the early planning stage of refinery project (basic design and FEED) in setting the specific basis of design, deliverables, schedules, plans, procedures, design philosophies and criteria …etc
- Participates in finalization of refinery configuration, process design coupled with innovative problem solving and skillful relationship-building with contractors and consultants.
- Delivers refinery process improvements for profit-improvement solutions such as cost-reduction and energy-saving solutions paving the way for gains in throughput coupled with cost and energy savings.
- Participates in defining refinery project deliverables as to quality, detail, accuracy and timelines. Deliverables include but not limited to Refinery process description, Refinery Process Flow Diagrams, Heat & Material Balances, Process simulation, P&ID, Equipment list, process and equipment specifications, process equipment datasheets, Unit Performance & Instrumentation Analysis, process safeguarding flow diagram, operating procedure….etc
- Participates and/or leads comprehensive design reviews of process units such as PFD reviews, P&IDs reviews, 3D models reviews…etc.
- Ensures the compliance of design works and execution with applicable standards, codes, industry best and recommended practices and procedures as to quality, safety, health, environment…etc.
- Participates in all relevant activities related to the EPC phase such as detailed design, procurement, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Oversee the active participation of local process engineers in project activities as a core element of on the job training of novice engineers
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years engineering experience in refining industry preferred