Zallaf Social Responsibility (SR) standards always control or/and illuminate any potential Social Responsibility (SR) Risks/Impacts pertinent to Zallaf’s Business/Operations/Projects, and always resource Zallaf’s SR staff to carry out their SR duties efficiently.
Our standards always report Zallaf’s SR/CSR activities and any data to Zallaf’s leadership, the NOC (HSE/SD Departments) and to any Libyan regulatory bodies, and always assess SR Risks
“Impact Assessment covering social aspects”
and manage them during operations and projects’ lifecycle; Our approach always consider Zallaf’s operations social impacts on communities/stakeholders in Zallaf’s business decisions, always ensure continuous and respectful engagement with communities/stakeholders throughout Zallaf business and project lifecycles, and always minimize operational negative impacts and maximize positive impacts sustainably.
Our Mission is to develop, scale-up and promote exploration and production operations “technology-and-community based” solutions to challenges arising from the impact of energy operations on local communities and the environment in a sustainable manner, that is: safely, efficiently, responsibly, and profitably build and operate a world class explorations and production operations and complex in project locality/s.
our vision is to see SD/SR/CSR development challenges successfully tackled and implemented through the joint engagement of business and society.
- To establish Zallaf’s overall SD/SR objective, which is, to create “positive presence and legacy in the communities and societies where we operate…
- To engage with local communities during exploration, production and operation to seek feedback on effectiveness of mitigation measures and emerging issues and gain community acceptance.
- To support the delivery of our mandatory HSE/SD/SR/CSR requirements
- To minimize our business negative impacts and maximize positive impacts sustainably
- To meet international best practice standards to comply with the Libyan and international relevant laws
- To carry out social responsibility (SR) activities throughout our business gates.
- To run and implement a successful corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme aligned with local community needs whilst managing community perceptions, expectations and meeting Zallaf 2018-2020 Strategy and Vision – leveraging our “Community Outreach Programme” (COP) and our NOC relationship and support….
Our Principles are
- To maximize Benefits to Society (We aim to maximize our CSR returns in relation to the pursuit of our mission and vision)
- Independence (Our activities will always be consistent with achieving the mission of Zallaf.)
- Leveraging the NOC resources to deliver maximum social value.
- Compliance with all laws/regulations applicable to us as a registered company.
- Sustainable Development (We commit to contribute to sustainable development and CSR to do this primarily through our main programs and activities.
- Integrity (We insist on honesty, integrity and fairness in all aspects of our activities)
- Health, Safety and the Environment (HSE) (We will not support any CSR activity by any partner and contractors that cannot demonstrate, as a minimum, compliance with relevant national and NOC’s (HSE) regulations and standards.)
- Political Activity (We act in a socially responsible manner within the laws of Libya in which we operate in pursuit of our SR/CSR objectives “remain neutral”)
- Communication, Engagement and Assurance (We recognize regular dialogue and engagement with our stakeholders is essential to the development, implementation and ultimate success of our activities.)
What makes us different?
- Application of our intended ‘technology and community-based’ approach to developing these solutions.
- Applying market principles and ‘Business-DNA’ – business thinking, models and disciplines – to work out how to tackle local development challenges and issues.
- Our model includes working with international/local partners, contractors and communities committing funds for corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities, and where appropriate, leveraging the value-creating resources – the knowledge, brand and infrastructure – of Zallaf.