Zallaf’s CSR Strategy and Business Model 2018-2022 and the existing guidelines from the NOC – and shall consist of the following themes:
- Local Content.
- Human Capacity Development (HCD).
- Health and Medical Research.
- Environment and Urban Development.
To manage the social impacts while maximizing the productivity of Zallaf’s operations by:
Identifying and assessing any impacts with the involvement of external stakeholders.
Developing new mitigation and management measures.
Implementing meaningful community needs-based CSR activities.
- Pursue the goal of no harm to people (fence-line communities).
- Protect the environment where we operate.
- Use material and energy efficiently to provide our products and services.
- Respect our neighbours and contribute to the communities with these commitments and society in which we operate.
- Develop energy resources, products and services consistent with these commitments and aims.
- Publicly report on our performance.
- Play a leading role in promoting best practices in our industry and within the NOC Manage Zallaf’s HSSE and SR matters as any other critical business activities.
- Promote a culture in which all Zallaf employees share this COMMITMENT.
Consequently, Zallaf already has an HSSE and SR PERFORMANCE to earn the confidence of customers, shareholders, and society at large, including the local community, and contribute to sustainable development.
Has a systematic approach to HSSE and SR management designed to ensure compliance with the NOC and other related Libyan laws and achieve continuous performance improvement.
- Set targets for improvement, measures, appraises and reports performance.
- Requires contractors to manage HSSE and SR in line with this policy.
- Requires joint ventures (JVs) under its operational control to apply this policy, and uses its influence to promote it in its other ventures.
- Engages effectively with neighbours and impacted communities.
- Includes HSSE and SR performance in staff appraisal and rewards accordingly.